- Olive Oil ( I used Tahitian lime olive oil)
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 heaping tbsp of homemade taco seasoning (or you can use the packaged type if you like)
- 2 cups of cooked rice (any type you like – I like brown)
- 3-4 organic bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup of organic frozen corn
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) jar of salsa (my favorite is mango peach)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat the peppers with olive oil and roast in a baking dish about 20-25 minutes just until cooked thru. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool until you can handle them.
*****Note – make sure you cook your turkey ahead of time that way you do not have to worry about it later. Also, I sauteed the onions until cooked thru, I then added in my cooked rice, black beans and corn.
In a bowl add the taco seasoning, cooked ground turkey, chopped onions, black beans, corn and rice. Add in the jar of salsa and mix well.
Carefully spoon the turkey mixture into each half of the bell peppers and place back into the baking dish. Cook the peppers for another 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are cooked all the way thru. Before removing from the oven sprinkle the tops of each pepper with shredded cheddar cheese. Place back into the oven just until the cheese has melted.
Remove from the oven and top with fresh cilantro, avocado slices and/or sour cream just before serving.
Originally posted o: simplylovefoodblog.com
If you would like to share your favorite recipes send them to email@example.com and we will post them on our website.
AgQuest offers “one-stop shopping” for all of your agricultural finance and insurance needs, including operating loans, real estate loans, machinery & equipment loans and leasing, a full line of ag insurance options such as crop insurance, precision farming and Livestock Gross Margin Insurance.