- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons clear imitation vanilla extract
- 6 fluid ounces heavy cream
- Cream shortening until fluffy. Add confectioner’s sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional whipping cream if necessary (up to 2 ounces). Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
This makes enough to frost two 8 inch cakes heavily, I recommend cutting the recipe in half for a standard cake. (which still is plenty)! Enjoy
Submitted by: Beth Oslund. Beth is the Office Administrator at AgQuest’s home location, Morgan, MN.